New ArrivalsView collection →
Browse by CategoryView all collections →
The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists recommends Munchables sensory chewelry for their ability to “replace inappropriate chewing behavior (i.e. chewing on fingernails, pencils or clothing) and to provide potential regulating effects for the sensory system - reducing fidgeting and promoting attention and focus.” Read the full report.
The CAOT reviewing committee was "unanimous in recommending that Munchables pendants be accepted for the CAOT Product Recognition Program. Munchables pendants could be recommended by an occupational therapist for clients who tend to chew on items when seeking increased oral sensory input."
"There is a great deal of research that supports clinical observations that having something in one’s mouth to chew or suck on can provide a calming, organizing, and focusing response (Scheerer, 1992). There is also research that supports the use of oral-motor sensory input in balance, suggesting that chewing behaviors allow neurotypical adults to increase postural stability when standing on an unstable surface with no visual input (Alghadir, Zafar, Whitney, & Iqbal, 2015) ... There is some evidence regarding the positive effect of chewing on cognitive functions (i.e. sustained attention; Hirano & Onozuka, 2015)."
Please check out our March 2021 series, "Why Kids Chew", on our Blog.
Here are 15 reasons to shop with Munchables:
- Recommended by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Diverts chewing from fingers, clothing, hair, and other items.
- Recommended by OTs for children who tend to chew on items when seeking increased oral sensory input.
- Helps children to filter out excess stimulus in their environments and divert extra energy which can result in improved behavior and attention.
- Supports children with ADHD, anxiety, autism and sensory processing disorder.
- Created by a mom who believed it was possible to create stylish chewable jewelry.
- Made of 100% safe food-grade silicone.
- Provides a calming, organizing and focusing response which can improve self-regulation.
- Tested, approved and loved by children all over the world.
- Features a breakaway clasp for additional safety.
- Acts as a fun piece of jewelry that children can feel confident wearing.
- Prevents torn nails, shirts and pencil and helps to protect teeth.
- Offers styles for every type of chewer. Heavier chewers should try our chewy necklaces designed just for them. Our top two favorites are the Donut or Scribbles Pendant.
- Includes a money-back guarantee. Try our styles risk free.
- Designed by a mom who is committed to finding ways to help every child with their sensory needs.