Updated May 24, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We also deduce your demographic information (gender, age group, and interests) based on other types of websites you have visited via Google Analytics Advertising Features. This demographic information is only used in aggregate. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit All About Computer Cookies.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, provide shipping rates, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Provide quotes for our products, including shipping charges;
- Provide cart recovery email(s);
- Display product and/or site reviews as written by you;
- Verify that shipping methods shown in the checkout are displaying accurate prices; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us automatically screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). Please note that in the event an order is flagged as fraudulent, a human makes a final decision to allow the sale. You have the right to contest this decision.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use the following third-party services:
- Intuitive Shipping to provide shipping rates -- personal data is only used to display and debug shipping rates on checkout.
- Stamps.com, USPS, and CanadaPost to provide real-time shipping rates and shipping labels.
- MailChimp to provide email campaign messages when you opt-in to marketing messages in the checkout -- you can opt-out at anytime by contacting us (see "CONTACT" section), or the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a promotional email.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted as long as it does not prevent us from complying with our legal obligations within Canada. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above in section "HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION". Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain records of your Order Information for a minimum of seven years to fulfill our legal obligations under Canadian tax laws. The following information may be deleted upon request:
- Device information
- Order Information provided to third-party services that is not required to fulfill our legal obligations
This information will be deleted automatically by the third-party after the retention period below expires:
- Google Analytics: 26 months after last visit
- Facebook Pixel: Indefinite
- Yotpo Reviews: Indefinite
- Intuitive Shipping: 7 days
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.